View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 08:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused New, searching help

Hello,
First english is no my mother language, so forgive me mistakes and sorry, because this is a long story... And thanks for this forum! I ask these thinks allso in other forum, but I now need as much knowledke as possible...

Two yars ago I started have lower back problems and it was very hard to
rehabilitate, because some muscles were very weak and some were like steel. Meanwhile I started feel tiredness, heat and exercise intolerance, fatigue... Last summer they found hypothroidism and I started Thyroid (almost same as Armour Thyroid) and little bit later adrenal fatigue, but not severe (saliva test). I get medication to that too (hydrocortison) in december. My back have became better, I'm much more alive and have no more sinuitis...
BUT in January my right arm became suddenly weak (and it has been that way since) and I can't use it for example with typing or carrying hevier thinks. My last three fingers dont work at all and thumb and forefinger works sometimes and those are allso sometimes very strong that I can even carry not so heavy thinks. Left arm is pretty good and much more stronger.
In this year I have had more problems with my visual short therm memory so it's hard to remember thinks, because I learn most of things with my visual memory and before it have been easy to me remember and learn thinks. Usally it,s hard to find word, because I dont see pictures in my mind. Heat and tiredness are again very bad. Before I have had very good verbal output....
My heat and exercise intolerance have been much worse and if I walk about 1,5 kilometers or exercise little, next day I have to rest because my muscles are very weak and off course right away walking/exercising (both legs, right worse), but rest helps. And if it's a warm day, it's even worse. After that next day I might be so tired (physical fatigue) that I might have enought strenght to speake.
My room temperature must bee about 18 C or less, that I feel comfortable. My friends freezing when they are in my home and that has continued about two years... And forexample showering and cleaning are very bad to me.
Respiration is short and I can't breathe deep as I have done before.
Little swallowing difficulties. Food, vitamines stays easily in my throath and I need much water to handle with that. Raw food is hard to chew and my face muscles became weak.
About a month ago I had problems with my eyes. When it was fast movements for example during TV, all seems like I have looked old times films without voice

My hypothyroid treatment is in good balance and I'm stopping my hydrocortisone medication, because in that way it has done its work and my adrenal working well.
I have had EMG (not single fibre), CT, MRI, likvor (white cells little high 7), blood tests (no that achr or musk)-> no MS or that kind of disease (no lesions), no borrelia, CK value was fine. In EMG was marks of upper motor neuron problems in right arm and that arm was only they tested so they said that I can't have muscle diseases. No stroke. No nerve block....
I, my self know that I dont have mental problems, but that what neurologist no want do to me-> visit psychiatrist. I ask here about MG, but she said, that I dont have that kind of symptoms....Maybe she means ocular symptoms!? I was little bit stressed in that situation, because I didn't know about test results and with that visual memory problem I'm not so verbal and strong as usual :-( (two academic education, so...you know...
So.... I have started to find, what is happening to me, because doctor doesn't seem to do that. MG and that kind of disease seems to be quite near, but I'm wondering could long term (½ year) right arm weakness with three last fingers and problems with visual memory be part of MG symtoms?

If you dont think that it is maybe MG, what suggestion you have? I need all help, that you can give! I'm desperate :-(

I can't work because I work in customer service, so I have to have very good in verbal skills and need use very much computer (with to hands, because now I writing only with my left first finger (it's either ten fingers or just one finger)....

My neck muscles have became weak (started about 1 year ago) and it's wery hard to hold head up and my neck look like vultures neck... So my neck turns backwords and I have to work to hold it straight. This is changeing little, but my neck muscles are "permanenetly" in wrong position now. Chiropraktic has tried to help and I hade tried to do exercises witch I have had from my physiotherapeutist.
And one weird think is, that when I have done exercises (water gymnastic) my muscles are not painfull they became only weak.

What do you think of that (I get inspiration of eye ice test), I hold geleback from freezer on my very weak hand about 15 minutes and it started to work and it worked little while until temperature has raised again normal? Tells that it could be MG?

Can you here tell me, how long periods your muscle weakness takes? My other muscle weakness coming and going depending for weather and how much I have overburden those, but my right arm weakness stays all the time and thumbs and forefingers hold changeing (three others dont work). Weird...
Yesterday, when it was hot day and I walked little, after that it was so difficult to walk. Now room temperature has rised (over 18 C is too much to me nowdays) so even in the nights I can't recover to next days doings. Have you similar problems?

Sorry for this very long letter, but I wanted to be as exact it's possible, but feel free to ask mee more. Thanks!
NordicGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote