View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 01:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello everyone, I am a new member and could really use some help.

First off, I would like to start off by saying that it feels good to know that there are other people like yourselves who understand what this horrible pain is. I am sorry that we are meeting under these circumstances.

Anyway, two months ago I started getting upedorals and nerve blocks in the L5 - S1 area. The doctor I went to was referred to me by another pain doctor that could not do these injections. Anyhow, over the course of three weeks I would visit the doctor once a week and get four injections in my back. They would only last for about two days and the pain was right back where we started. I started gaining weight like crazy. By my fouth week, I had gained 42lbs. and my face was round like a moon, my stomach was getting larger, my breasts had gone up two sizes and I had so much depression and fatigue. When I went back to my doctor on this fourth week he had the nerve to tell me to start exercising and losing weight. I explained this only started since the injections. I went to my family doctor and he told me he felt I was starting with Cushings Symptoms. I was to get to an Endocronologist right away. At this point I have developed Cushings and can't work, still gaining weight, my horomones are going crazy and to boot I had a full hysterectomy five years ago and the horomones I have to take to remain balanced from this are being blocked from the horomone in the steroid shots. I was told from the Endocronologist that I should have received no more than three shots per year all spread out. I would say that this doctor overdosed my body on steroids that are causing me hell. Has anyone here ever experienced this problem? They say it could take a year to get my body back on tract.

Thanks,
Lynn
boatergrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote