View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 12:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default When you're watching RSD spread it's plain scary

Nothing prepares us for the day we notice the RSD has crossed hemispheres, but when it does, our lives change forever. More pain, more damage and less life is all it looks like and in some ways it's true, but maybe this is the time to modify how you deal with problems that come up. I've always called it "Why compete with yesterday when that day is already over and we'll never do or be exactly the same way ever again complex?" By the way, we're not really comparing, we're competing.

The only type of change that's easy to accept is the kind that we've created for ourselves, but when something like RSD comes along that for unknown reasons makes our body almost a stranger to us, it's just plain hard. Don't compete or compare with yesterday but instead just try and work with whatever you still have headed the right direction today. Some days the list might be a little shorter, but we still do have many options each day. We might just have to work a little harder to get the most and even more importantly give the most out of it but they're still there. Now we just have to widen our horizons enough to hunt down new ways to live within the new rules and conditions our body and disease is placing upon us. You will in time I promise, it's just right now you're in the grieving process that we all need to go through. In time you'll see that not all is lost, just a little more. There's a world of difference I can assure you. Best of luck, Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNcrps2 View Post
I have had such a struggle with acceptance. I have also stuggled with being on narcotics forever. I have done water therapy, biofeedback and other relaxation techniques to come off narcotics. It worked briefly, but life was no better. I was clearer which forced me to view how life will be. A lot of crying. Choices- i was put back on narcotics and to think about SCS implant. The trial(which i had over a year ago) helped but was very positional. Fear of spreading with surgery- spread? I now have generalized RSD. We don't think the tendon/nerve surgery worked-so if nerve is still compressed my RSD will continue to spread. Ketamine-i was recommended ketamine coma. I won't do that for a treatment.
Last week I woke up with RSD in my low back.
momof4
bobinjeffmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hope4thebest (06-25-2010), Kakimbo (06-24-2010), RNcrps2 (06-25-2010)