Thread: Big Luke
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 05:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle bug7
My Golden Retriever, Luke, weighs 135 pounds. He is blind since birth as his eyes just didn't develop. We rescued him and his brother Phoenix (who is also blind) from the Humane
Society. They gave the puppies to us free of charge as they knew that they would be hard to place. There are not too many people would want two blind dogs. They are healthy, Happy, and beautiful. Back to the 135 pounds, I was trying to find a record for the largest Golden or is there even one?
He was bigger than Phoenix right from the beginning. He would eat his food and then move over to his brothers bowl.
They require a little extra supervision but it is so worth it. They get taken every evening for a walk and they do very well. If anyone finds a record, would you please let me know. Thank you, Doodle bug7
We just adopted a 7 year old Basset Hound with one eye, Daisy (we call her Daisy Duke). She was found as a stray in Louisianna and was transfered to the Hound rescue in New Mexico. Fell in love the first time we saw her. Realized that she would be difficult to place. What an amazing girl. Could not imagine being without her.
Bless you for adopting the two boys.

Dewey
"An American Military member, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to " The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life.""
NM_Dewey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doodle bug7 (06-28-2010)