View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 07:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Terri,

I too live in some pain, perhaps not as bad as yours, and would never tell someone what to do with regard to their situation as each person is different. Having said that I will say I tell my doctor "exactly" how I feel with regard to pain. If I'm hurting I tell her (my docs a female) where the pain is and to what extent it hurts. She may not be able to do but so much but she can do nothing if I don't tell her how much it's bothering me and, IMHO, you should do the same. Don't be a hero as you'll only stand alone, except for what help you may get here BUT, remember the help here is not like your doctor in it's far away and though the folks here may be caring and mean well they can't treat you, as such.

It's a d_mn shame medical science has basically put the neuropathy patient on the back burner with regard to pain issues or anything else for that matter. They seem to view it as incurable and so "you're on your own and good luck" is their attitude. They love to give you nerve conduction test that can be less then thrilling yet 9 out of 10 doctors have never experienced a nerve conduction test. IMO it should be required of all doctors that or going to order such tests that they should undergo them their selves before ordering the test, at least they'd have a idea what it's like.

OK, I'm finished rambling but will finish by saying this; don't expect your doctor, unless he/she is the exception, to "feel' for your pain as most view you as just another patient and so are simply another means for their house or yacht payment. I don't mean to seem uncaring but it's the truth, most doctors simply don't care unless, as I said, you have one that's the exception. If you don't my advice would be to seek one out, at least you'll receive more in-depth treatment, if you know what I mean.

By the way, I haven't posted enough to be able to send PM's so should anyone send me one, as one lady did, I can't reply as yet... sorry.
Pete is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (06-25-2010), Alffe (06-25-2010)