View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 09:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Nordic Girl, I would definitely keep looking into MG as a possibility. In the meantime, look into getting tested for Celiac Disease as well - it's a very simple blood test. Even if the test comes back negative, you may want to try a gluten-free diet for a month to see if it helps even a little bit. Get tested FIRST, though!

The best website to check out is www.celiac.com - you can find links there to support groups all across the world. Where are you located? I know that European doctors are much more aware about the high incidence of Celiac Disease and gluten-related issues than American doctors are right now (they're getting there!).

I don't want to clutter up this page with too much information, so feel free to PM me or check out some of my other posts (I'm fairly new to MG, but I was diagnosed with CD 2 years ago). The fact that you have hypothyroidism and adrenal issues, and now a possible MG diagnosis, makes it much more likely that you may have undiagnosed CD. In many cases, following a gluten-free diet can relieve a LOT of your other problems, or lessen their effect.

You should be able to get GF food at most grocery stores, and many restaurants have dedicated GF menus. There aren't any special supplements that you need to take, although you may want to have your vitamin levels checked - many people with gluten issues have lowered levels of D3 and some B vitamins (which usually resolve within a couple of years of following a GF diet).

I hope this helps!
teresakoch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote