Thread: end of the line
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 01:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, everyone. I figure that at this point, since I have been doing better, I would want to wait and see how things go, anyway, before starting immunosuppressants, so his plan (or non-plan) is OK with me. If I start getting worse, there are a lot of things I could ask for: IVIG, Mayo, muscle biopsies, repeat tests...My SFEMG came back only "mildly abnormal," but that's (I keep telling him this, but he doesn't really take it in!) because he tested muscles that are only very mildly affected. The bad muscles are in my back, and he doesn't have data on what's normal for those, so he didn't test them.

I have a very stress-free summer. I cut a deal with my oldest daughter: she's taken over the cooking, housework, and some teaching of her little brother (we homeschool, and he needed some extra help this summer), and I sit upstairs and proofread manuscripts to pay her college tuition. A good deal for both of us. My husband's a teacher, so he's home this summer to help me, too. So I am getting a terrific rest. I'm trying not to think of what's going to happen in the fall, when I have to take everything up again...

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote