View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I would think PN would be a trigger for some people to develop Fibro (if it is in the genes for them to do so).

Not all PNers will have Fibro, and not all Fibros will have PN for their trigger.

Fibro would NOT be suspected, if only feet were involved, or hands, or whatever. Fibro typically presents with all over pain, and much of the time in muscles. I believe Fibro is a central pain disorder right now. And many doctors don't understand it, and I went to a medical conference and most of the 600 there were doctors.
We were told that trigger point diagnosis was being dropped and is pointless. Dr. Clauw was brilliant, and friendly. Google him and there are copies of some of his presentations to be found.

I have a thread on our Fibro board based on that lecture:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread20030.html

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-10-2010)