View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 03:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 10 weeks after mva - my update

Most symptoms of PCS have diminished considerably. The extreme fatique and cognitive issues seem to be the most lingering for me.

I actually spoke for 2 one hour sessions at a conference the first week of June. It was extremely difficult. I can usually do it off the top of my head but I had to have it all written out in front of me. Even then I found myself losing my place now and then. Everyone was amazed at how well I did considering my condition. I think it came out good but inside I was struggling to form thought and questioning what I just said. The fatigue afterwards was horrible. For three days I was unable to do anything except basic life functions.

I overdid it one day this week and paid for it! I try to watch for signals to tell me that's enough but sometimes I think that warning light is broken.

I struggle with words, simple things like "that thing you put dishes in" instead of "dishwasher". It seems I'm thinking the right things but the words just don't come out.

I still have anger issues. My 15 year old daughter says it's worse than what I make it out to be.

Short term memory still an issue too although recall time is lessening.

I have an appointment Monday with neurologist followed by appointment with regular doctor.
roadrunner63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote