Old 06-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclelops View Post
Anyway, rule out diagnoses are always difficult....kinda like an unfulfilled relationship.
........and that's where the 'horse' comes in at, Cy.....

This is a good thread and I'm glad to see this discussion.
I agree 100% 'they' should rule out SNF before slapping the 'Fibro' diagnosis in our med records.
Question is WHY won't they DO that!! Despite describing the horrible constant 'burning' pain located solely in bilateral knee area, my 1st 'Dr' did the 18-point 'pressure pokes' all over my body and before I could even finish saying 'yes' or 'no', he said 'Yep, Fibro', and rushed off to his next pt.

So, in my case, my initial presenting complaint fits to a 'T' what Glenn describes in the last two sentences of his post above......
I do not like to 'bash' Dr's......but, do alot of them simply not HEAR us? or CARE? or KNOW? I'm pretty sure I was speaking plain english when I was describing my pain. Is the extra 'paperwork' it would require THAT difficult to squeeze into our case management?
I'm not exaggerating when i say it could have potentially saved the healthcare industry over $100,000 if he would have just sat there 5 extra minutes

Last edited by Rrae; 06-26-2010 at 04:42 PM. Reason: typo
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-10-2010)