View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 03:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you, Annie! You always take care of us.

According to what I've read, diuretics are not supposed to work for menstrual migraines, which is what I have, but the neuro who prescribed it insisted I try it. It rescued my life. I was getting about 15 a month (the first half of my cycle), some with delirium, fainting and vomiting. Now I almost never get them. Tried going off it, the migraines came back with a vengeance. So, getting me off my beloved HCTZ is going to be a tough sell!

I just had my potassium checked. Came back "a little low," which concerns me, because I've been eating tons of potassium-rich foods. I've added a daily potato to my diet.

I've been trying not to be dehydrated! The doctor just warned me about that. Mestinon makes me sweat. So I'm drinking a big cup of water with my Mestinon every three hours...I'll increase that. It's hot around here. This is the first time I've had the heat, the HCTZ and the Mestinon all together.

Thanks again, Annie. The more I think of it, the more I suspect you're right. I wouldn't have made the connection without you. Please put today in your "I did a world of good today" category!

Abby

Last edited by Stellatum; 06-26-2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: professional proofreader, not a great speller....
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote