View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 03:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Allsup & LTD collecting overpayment

Okay just got a letter today from my LTD provider regarding overpayment of my LTD benefits since I was approved for SSDI. Forgive me my logical sense has left me (medication)and this question may sound very easy and straight forward.

fact
1. Told if I used their attorney I would not have to pay for attorney fees so I did their attorney. (Allsup)

Breakdown of overpayment

monthly SSDI amount awarded back to 2/09 - $1444
LTD amount paid to me monthly began 2/09 -$2916
LTD amount that should have been paid monthly -$1472

Amount of overpayment received from SSA - $23,104. Letter indicates they are due this exact amount then gives breakdown as follows:
credit for attorney fee of $5350 leaving
net due to LTD provider $17,000.

Do I just send LTD provider their $17,000 and then they pay Allsup? Which is confusing because then that goes against the "I will not have to pay the attorney fees" however if I just give them $17k I will be ahead $6k and they will only actual receive around $12k roughly??

Allsup is saying I am suppose to send them the money first then pay my LTD provider.

Also I have pending backpay for my children. Can my LTD provider then send another letter asking for their backpay as well?

Cant wait to call my LTD provider on Monday but until then just curious is anyone has gone through this??

Thanks
COLBEYMOORE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote