View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 01:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
GradyLady,

Sorry to hear of your struggles.

Lets leave the future alone and deal with now. Go to www.tbiguide.com, download the TBI Survival Guide, print it out and have your family read it. Fabulous resource.

It sounds like you have started figuring out your triggers. With a journal, you should be able to get dialed in on all of your head ache and other triggers. Prevention of symptoms is the key. The longer you can go without triggering symptoms, the more chance you have at healing.

Wow, your story sounds like mine. I had a bike accident in 1965 at 10 years old. Since then, 4 moderate concussions and many, 10 or so, very mild concussions. Now, at 55, I have been on Social Security Disability for 4 years. My life changing concussions was very mild in Jan 2001.

Back to your struggles. Get a white board for your refrigerator. Have your family write down stuff for you there. Then, you can read it and respond when you are up to it. As you are learning, choose your battles. And, with your grown kids, remember this axiom. " A failure to plan on their part does not create an emergency on your part." Been there, done that. Three grown children.

Do you have a blood pressure monitor? They are only $20 to $40 at places like Walgreens, etc. Work at keeping you BP at a normal level. It will likely help with the head aches. Have you had your neck checked out by an upper cervical chiropractor? Check out www.nucca.org or google 'upper cervical chiropractic.' Neck injuries are often overlooked after a concussion.

Post more of your struggles and we will try to help.

My best to you.
His survival guide link no longer works.
EddysHead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote