View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 01:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

That is awesome news! I sincerely hope your relief continues...

When I first started ketamine infusions, I went down on my meds because I also noticed such a change in my pain. And I made myself horribly sick. I had been on Fentanyl for 8 months, and I started to titrate down (by cutting my patches in half and stretching out the time between changing them). My stomach revolted, and it just messed me up bigtime. It was hard to tell what was making me sick - the ketamine infusions or the changes in my meds. I had NO CLUE - my sister, who is a nurse, figured it out and I ended up going back on my meds for a few weeks until I could get a script for lower doses of Fentanyl and then Suboxone.

So I would recommend that you listen to your doc and stay on your meds, until you can develop a plan to go off of them with his assistance (perhaps using something to offset the effect of the withdrawal, if you have any).

Good luck to you!! Are you still in line for an SCS at John Hopkins?

XOXOX Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakimbo View Post
As you know, I have a new PM. He is an anestegiologist (sp?) and he is very willing to research rsd procedures and treatments.

I have been given three epidurals (right above my tail-bone) with Lidocane. I have had great temperature increase and blood-flow improvement.

Today I went in for my usual epidural and he added Ketamine to the mix. WAHOO! I feel great! I do hurt, like always, I always feel like I've been run over by a truck or bus the day of and after an injection. BUT... I DON'T HURT!

OMG! I don't hurt! Still on my meds, doesn't want me to stop when not needed but WTH! I don't hurt.

So, pardon me friends if I ignore you tonight. (I am not. Just trying to enjoy this wonderful relief!) I am going to NOT HURT for an evening and enjoy my family. Flippin' awesome!

I feel like I have found a very special secret!

Hope everyone has a pain-free night.
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (07-08-2010), Wilbyfree (02-24-2011)