Old 06-27-2010, 04:41 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imark3000 View Post
I wish to reflect and update.
First I must express my infinite gratitude for the overwhelming support I got from all of you. I know how much thinking and effort goes in your superb postings that are written with thoughtful analysis, careful wording and generosity to a fellow patient whom you hardly know personally.
I have increased my 100/25 sinemet to 3 daily according to following schedule (typical):
- I get up at 9 am after restful good sleep. start one hour yoga , cycling and 15 mins of hot/very cold shower. No medication taken. Feel at my best no tremor or any notable symptom.
- 10.15 a.m take 100/25 tablet before a rich breakfast. I usually spend the following hours in front of the computer while listening to music and some times when my grand children with us, I play with them. Tremor in right arm, limb, and chows notable and annoying. Occasionally I feel a bit tiered and sleepy and lay down in bed for 15 to 40 mins.
- 2.15 am take second 100/25 tablet.
- take a good and rich meal at about 4 pm.
- 6.15 take third 100/25 tablet.
- watch tv .. computer work ..etc.
- 7 pm : one hour exercise : taichi and cycling
- usually watch tv

The above describe what I do on most days but of course this routine is broken some times by going out accompanied by family .. meeting relatives and friends visits. My tremor usually increase by physical and mental activity.
So far I have not noted improvement on the present dose of sinemet.
Cheers. Imad
Imad did you have any stiffness or just tremor? if you don't feel better on 3 25/100s a day you may just not need the sinemet - as you thought in the first place!

is there a way to ask your neuro questions? i surely wouldn't get addicted to a drug that isn't helping.

tremor is much harder to control and i've known a few people say anticholinergics help tremor, but 3 25/100s of sinemet should make the rigidity go away if you have any. i've probably confused you and should go back and read all of your symptoms. i may be back.

ok you say you don't have a problem with stiffness? is that right? and you clearly stated you don't feel any better. so why take it? i don't usually get into telling people what to do because i shouldn
t; not an MD. But if you can 'postpone sinemet and especially if it isn't helping at all...

maybe if you titrate back down you'll realize it was helping. But you could , as one friend says, 'Have a slow leak" and my neuros have confirmed that sometimes people with pd get it mildly and don't become debilitated.

hope that's the case with you but i am not advising u to do anything without the doctor knowing even though i would because she is just going to suggest it anyway.
did that make sense?

oh one more question. are you taking a whole tablet 3x a day or 1/2 tab - 1/2 tab would possibly need to be increased.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 06-27-2010 at 04:56 PM.
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (06-27-2010)