View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 07:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have internal RSD it affects my stomach, heart, bladder and thyroid. With all of them I have the deep burning and stabbing pain, for my heart I now am on 2 different heart meds to control my bp and pulse as without it, it gets way to high to the point I need to be put in a cardiac unit for a week at a time to make sure I dont have a heart attack. My stomach I have a few meds so I can get a little food down the pain is agonizing as it is everywhere else, without the meds I throw up anything and everything it just doesnt absorb the food the way it should it takes like 3 hours longer then normal. For my bladder it really only acts up when I am in a flare which is like every 2-4 weeks, then it usually just shuts down and have to get a catheter placed in which sure isnt any fun. I really have to watch what I do as not to stress out the organs especially the heart that is probably the scariest one to put up with just cause I never know when it is going to race and pound so hard it feels like its going to jump out of my chest. As with everything when I am in a flare is when it gets out of control and everything just acts up to the point doctors have to watch everything to make sure it doesnt start affecting any other organs. The new problem I am having now is my thyroid it keeps swelling and they have to keep pulling out fluid so not to damage it, it burns so bad and feels like I have a golf ball in my throat if it continues this way they will remove it.

Pain free hugs to all
Sam
alaska49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote