View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 07:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Kathy,

Last summer I had a terrible time with IBS. It was when my RSD was really flaring and I had just switched to Fentanyl to control my pain. The spreading had gone from my URE, cervical spine and head into my right leg during the previous 12 months. I started Lidocaine infusions in July and by Sept or Oct my IBS pretty much resolved. But the heat of the summer may have had something to do with it also. In addition to that, I also had those RSD intermittent shock waves into my chest, usually in the evening when I was trying to sleep. Those stayed around through the at least 3 or 4 Lidocaine infusions, which helped to settle things down a bit. Unfortunately, the infusions never helped my head and shoulder get all the way better.

I also thought that I had started menopause, because my periods stopped. And I had sharp pains in my lower back. But as soon as started ketamine, all that changed. I immediately started menstruating again, and my back is fine. So I'm guessing that I had pelvic involvement with my RSD and didn't know it.

I've also been on blood pressure meds for a long time - my pulse and BP were out of sight last year. I take .10 of clonidine 2X a day and it helps.

XOXOX Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep smilin View Post
Hello all....

Anyone who has internal RSD.. do you feel burning inside or pain like yur belly or intestinal tract or heart.. what usually comes first?? Pain or possible changes in the way our system works?? What should we be watching for??

I know deep but I just wondered....

Great day..less pain for each of you...

Love, Kathy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote