View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 08:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
Hi Kathy,

Last summer I had a terrible time with IBS. It was when my RSD was really flaring and I had just switched to Fentanyl to control my pain. The spreading had gone from my URE, cervical spine and head into my right leg during the previous 12 months. I started Lidocaine infusions in July and by Sept or Oct my IBS pretty much resolved. But the heat of the summer may have had something to do with it also. In addition to that, I also had those RSD intermittent shock waves into my chest, usually in the evening when I was trying to sleep. Those stayed around through the at least 3 or 4 Lidocaine infusions, which helped to settle things down a bit. Unfortunately, the infusions never helped my head and shoulder get all the way better.

I also thought that I had started menopause, because my periods stopped. And I had sharp pains in my lower back. But as soon as started ketamine, all that changed. I immediately started menstruating again, and my back is fine. So I'm guessing that I had pelvic involvement with my RSD and didn't know it.

I've also been on blood pressure meds for a long time - my pulse and BP were out of sight last year. I take .10 of clonidine 2X a day and it helps.

XOXOX Sandy
Just as you said Sandy..it is hard to decide if the involvement is there..But the reason I ask is I "seem" to be having some issues..Like eating then my food lays in my chest for hours and stomach burn, I take antacids but not always a help.. but now no appetite cuz of the constant full feeling.. last few days now some GI issues... Chest pain and heavy heart beats/rate but I have been heart meds for years due to what was believed a heart aliment way long ago.. During my visit with Dr. S in March, he pointed out possible internal involvement and asked I watch for stomach and swallowing issues..of course, I don't want to attribute this to RSD if it didn't sound right but I am always on high alert since my appt... RSD ... ggrrr.. lets make up a nick name for it..a nasty one!! tee-hee..

Boy Sandy..I bet you wished the menstrating would be a bonus to kiss good-bye but no luck there... RU ready..I hope your pain stays at bay and no more advancement..The pain is certainly bad enough..Sam...you certainly have your homework cut out for you..constant internal organ monitoring.. so sorry!!

I thank you for your time and sharing such great advice with me..Ya know I love ya!

K
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote