View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 11:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default well, actually

mrsd,
My neuro doc poo-poo'ed the idea that the 150mcgs in the oral vitamin was helping,
that was my brainiac idea.

but while he was repeatedly exclaiming about the amount I've injected, it wasn't until I read that vitamin label, and saw what is considered--
(by who? RDA folks? who ever in the world they are--maybe they are the same folks to come up with the range for the b12 blood test 200-1000???!!)
-- a lot of b12..........

then again, at my urging my PCP tested my b12 levels, and at 220 - pronounced them "normal".....and that REALLY ticks off my neuro (cause 5months passed in the process)..........so yes, I guess the docs have a bit of homework to do.

please.....bear with me, so because of the complexity of the b12 molecule, and all it's applications, and all the possible points of breakdown in the process..........is THAT why it's not absorbed "like a drug". It's got to bind to other available molecules?

Rose,
thanks once again for the info.
I'm going to research the cublin & megalin.
Funny how I wrote to my kidney doc and asked if he's treated anyone with SCD, and if there was a connection to the kidney.

He had no idea, and nicely put me off, saying he would be available if the other docs wanted to chat.

I am lucky to have this place to look for help. As it's so frustrating to expect help from the usual channels.

lah