View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 11:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Sandy.

Thanks for the kind wishes and advice on meds. It makes sense to me to gradually lower my doseage. I weaned myself off of Neurontin and it took about a month. I felt like I was losing my mind during that.

I am not getting the SCS from Hopkins. I did alot of research and spoke with many doctors. I just am not ready for that...plus both w/c and my private insurance will not approve it (and I don't happen to have $50,000.00 just lying around)! SO, that kinda helped my make my decision!

How did your Ketamine treatments work for you? Did you have bad side-effects. For me, it felt like I had the flu. I always feel crappy for a day or two after any injection. I did notice that my legs were very heavy and wobbly. I had some crazy (not scary) dreams the first night too. I've noticed that each injection hurts more than the last. My doc sprays this really painfully cold stuff right before the injection, then I feel pressure from the meds. Maybe I am just tensing up more than I should (I am terrified of needles and have had bad experiences with epidurals). Its over within 3 minutes. He said that its because of the increase of bloodflow, which makes sense to me. I get another injection in two weeks.

I am curious to your experiences.

Thanks Sandy!

Kim

Kakimbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote