View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 12:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Today

I had neurologist appointment at 9 this morning. I got lost trying to get there. Then I struggled filling out the stack of paperwork. Then when answering questions from neurologist I just had a total meltdown. She was very compassionate, seemed to understand PCS very well, and even explained where my brain had most likely hit my skull to create the symptoms I have. She did prescribe Amitryptiline as she said I need better, regular sleep for my brain to heal. She also set me up for MRI and EEG awake/asleep for next week and a follow up appointment with her in two weeks. She said everything I'm going through is normal for PCS and she doesn't expect anything from the MRI. She wanted the EEG as a baseline so that at the six month mark if I were still having problems they would do another and compare the brain activity on them.

I went straight to my regular doctor from there. I only had a small meltdown there. They put me off work for another 6 weeks and I continue with muscle relaxers (Soma 350mg) but he would like me to taper down as soon as possible.

I still have to go to the chiropractor later this afternoon.
roadrunner63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote