View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 01:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused New here and new to TN

Some times because of the pain I think that I have something else and not TN.
It all started last September and I though I had just a migraine and that after went to sleep I would wake up just fine...
But I didn't not.
Many people told me is because of been stressfull but how is it possible I am on holiday and I have the pain ?
For 2 months the pain stopped. But in January it came back... I did in March 2 xrays and nothing wrong found.
So a Greek doctor told me that I have prosopalgia and if you google it is the greek name for TN and not TN!!
He gave me Topamac but after 3 months the pain is still here. But topamac is to prevent migraine and not for TN.
So I went to a UK doctor where I live * i live in Gibraltar* and she told me I was taking the wrong medicine.
That doctor was the first one telling me I have TN but back then I didn't believe her.... don't know why
She gave me Tegratol so I am taking 100mg in the morning and 100mg at night but still... some days I am better some days I am not. I am so desperated.... really I could never believe this would happen to me. the pain is only in the right side behind my eye...

I have heard stories that people cannot eat etc but I am ok with that. Is only I cannot feel the pain anymore. I think that my dose is too low because if you consider it for so long I had the wrong treatment....

After how long will the pain go ? will it ever go ? Can I live like a normal person or not ??
AnastasiaGrecia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote