View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 09:55 PM
visitor

15 yr Member
visitor

15 yr Member

No clarification...you explained it really well. Nope, I don't have 1 or 2 anymore. 2 was taken out last year and 3, 4 and 5 are covered by one long crown (looks like 3 but all attached for stability about 25 years ago). I am going to an ENT tomorrow to see why I have pain in those teeth, if it is sinus related or if 4 and 5 are just old root canals that are not serving me well anymore, which dentist says leave alone....but I know your thoughts on that. In other words, my teeth are a mess.

You made an interesting point about 31 taking a lot of stress...I do clench, I wake up feeling this so this may account for the soreness on top when I wake up...because it isn't just on tooth 5, but 3, 4 and 5. And the clenching could be what all of a sudden is making 31 so sensitive to cold. Thanks for the info on how they do a crown to prevent sensitivity. It's VERY scary for me to think of anything happening to the wisdom teeth on the bottom as they have explained this to me so many times, paresthesia and everything else that can go wrong. Is there no sealant they can use rather than having a crown for 31? I went through so much in my 30s, crowns, root canals but at this "older" age, I am terrified.
sandy60 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote