View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 12:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool ssdi/rsd

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep smilin View Post
Could anyone us RSD'ers out there .. have you heard any changes in the recongintion of RSD with SSDI.. are they reconginizing this illness still??? My case is not a wc case but I ma very close in appling and thought I read something of a lawyer saying that they are no longer honoring RSD as a true disability for entitlement... I may be all wrong, lets hope Iam..

Also..jaw pain anyone???? Guess I could stay here all day with the new aliments my RSD has showed up with everywhere but my newest is my jaw..nerve bed shadow and pain... so not nice...
I was diagnosed in Jan.'o5 & applied for ssdi in mid-'05 when i finally came to terms with this being a long term problem. I finally DID get approved (with the help of a lawyer) in June '09. My official diagnoses was RSD, but my Dr. also included my 25 year long lower back problem (I think he called it "failed back surgery syndrome"). Both my dr. and lawyer said that RSD WAS recognized as an "ssdi-worthy condition"(so to speak!), but who knows whether an RSD diagnosis would have been sufficient to get ssdi?!
Hope this helps. Keep trying & good luck!:
lisa12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote