View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 12:58 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Maybe if you know you have lots of forms to fill out, you can call ahead and arrange for the doctor's office to provide assistance. For me, one of the big problems is the over-stimulation of a page full of blank spaces. My brain wants to look at all of the spaces at the same time.

Trying to fill out the papers on a clip board is just too much. One thing that helps is to have a desk to sit at and two sheets of blank paper. One sheet covers the text above the line I am working on and the other covers the text below that line. The vague questions are also a problem when they ask for subjective answers.

The most annoying part is when most of the forms asks questions that have little use to the doctor.

Regarding the massage, have you had any physical therapy for your upper back/neck etc? My PT uses myofacial release to convince the stiff muscles to relax. If your chiropractor is not helping you with these muscle spasms, maybe you need to check out other chiros.

I have been to about 15 or 20 different chiros in 30 years. Most were of no help but a few where gifted healers. The healers tend to be the most humble. The "wellness' oriented chiros with the big egos tend to be of much less help. They tend to want to generate $$ more than help me. I have always had to pay for chiro out of pocket due to no chiro benefit with my health insurance. This forced me to be much more critical of the chiro's benefit.

My recent chiro find just moved to Madison Wisconsin so I am without a good chiro again after 4 years of good care. I used to have to fly to San Jose from Boise for a good chiro adjust back when RT fares were $99. Then gas skyrocketed and at $250 RT I could not afford the trip.

Regarding the Soma, have you considered whether it may be causing you cognitive problems? Some research might be worthwhile. I was on clonazapam (Klonopin) for a short time until it was suggested that it my be making my problems worse. CNS active drugs can be brutal on brain injuries.

A common neuro or Gp will not think much of qEEG because one neurologist back in 1997 dissed qEEG in a neurology journal. His article has been disproven many times but the lie still has legs.

Find a Psychiatrist, neuro-psychiatrist, psychologist, or maybe a MFT type that understands qEEG. Google "qeeg validity mtbi" or such and you will find lots of good stuff. Robert Thatcher, PhD. is well published about qEEG.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (07-03-2010)