View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 07:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks teresakoch It's very helpful here others experiences.

I have noticed somethink intresting. I took Triptyl (amitriptyl) 10 mg to nights (started january) to help my back getting better and improve my sleep (it hasn't been enough deep). I noticed, I have to take it very early to wake up frech. Because I have had problems, witch I told you, I didn't notice it can be medicin doing symptoms to me and it's lowest dose in that medicin.

It was intuition I stop that medicationand try what happens. After 1,5 week I stopped taking Triptyl, my worst cognitive problems has disappeared. I still have problems with short term visual memory so I can't learn during that witch is most natural to me.

I found this from here , sorry I can't attach link, I'm too new
"Amitriptyline blocks a certain type of receptor for the neurotransmitter (see glossary), acetylcholine, and, consequently, may interfere with the functioning of this neurotransmitter on various organs. The transmitter, acetylcholine, which is normally released from nerve endings, cannot activate receptors that are blocked, resulting in symptoms. "

So, what I'm thinking is, could it be (if I have MG) I had problems even with so small dose? I'm not sure, if I understand right MG mechanism, so if I'm wrong so please explain to me. I have understand MGer have problems with asethylcholine and its receptors specially with those functioning to muscles.

I'm going to have (hopefully very good) neurologist visit in two weeks. I try to have tests to analyse if I have MG. It has been so difficult times, because here is quite warm. Can walk 1,5 km and then I'm finnished Two years ago I enjoyed sunshine and warm...
NordicGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote