Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 08:38 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

You can see 5 docs and get 5 diagnoses. I agree with Mere. POTS, CFS, Fibro, dysautonomia, Sjogren's and many other 'diagnoses' could be variants of an undiscovered small fiber neuropathy, likely with autonomic and sensory components.

Then the question is, why do SOOOOO many people have small fiber neuropathy? Was it always this common?

Rest may be indicated in CFS, whatever the criteria for that diagnosis is, I don't really know....however, REST, can be a boondoggle in Neuropathy and autoimmune disease. If you get deconditioned, woe to you....it is nothing short of hell to get back into workable shape. PACE is more of the course to follow for PN.

BTW, I have a horrible time with pressure neuropathies of any area...from the feet to the hands to the butt. If it is in a position too long, it goes numb. I would not be surprised if I had HNPP. It is awful. Night time is a nightmare with this issue....so is sitting and working on the computer. I am exhausted from moving continuously to keep from feeling overwhelming discomfort.....what a way to live. UGH. This is why I have all my little 'hobbies'....to keep distracted while I keep moving. No rest for me!

Others not so bad:
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-12-2010), Mere (06-29-2010)