View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 12:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Hello Granacki,

I, too, have been diagnosed with anti mag neuropathy. It started in my mid fifties with a slight tingling of my feet and gradually progressed to the burning, tingling, numbness point. I am now 64 and have experienced significant loss of muscle mass in both calves. I do not have any significant pain but have experienced tremors in both hands but little or no numbness. Balance and muscle weakness are my biggest problems and I must be very careful not trip over even the smallest obstacle.

In 2007, I started 10 months of plasma pheresis(two days a month on successive days) and chemotherapy (after the second day of plasma pheresis). The drug was Cyclophosphamide and it did cause 2 or 3 days of feeling poorly (each month).

My physician, Dr. Ravits at Virginia Mason in Seattle, indicated that my protein levels after the treatment were within the normal range. However, I cannot tell if there has been any change in my condition. I doubt that it improved and if it has deteriorated, it is probably minimally.

I was very active in sports prior to this problem and have pretty much given up every sporting activity. I do plan on getting back to golf this summer and hope I can walk rather than ride a cart.

Let me know how things are going for you.

Jim Perkins
jim5723 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (06-30-2010)