View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 12:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Anyone going to the SC RSD conference in August?

I was just checking to see if anyone is going. It is August 14th in Greenville, SC. More info is on the SCRSD website. Registration is $35. Last year i took my boyfriend of 12 years. It meant sooo much for him to drive 3 hours, spend the weekend in Greenville, & go to the conference. I must say that we were disappointed with the speakers. The main RSD talked about fibromyalgia half the time & the RSD info was very basic. Then, they had a psych doctor speak who talked about 30 min. on how we should feel guilty having RSD. That made everyone in there mad. There were supposed to be patient stories, which never happened. If I lived closer, I would probably go just to go. But, I am not driving 3 hours & paying for a hotel, gas, & food for the weekend. Don't mean to discourage people from going, I just want them to know what to expect. You can learn just as much typing RSD into Google & reading for 5 minutes. Some people may enjoy it if they are very new to RSD. I talked to other patients during breaks & they agreed that his suggested treatments were too invasive & expensive.
firegirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote