View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 06:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Swimming is pretty intense

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiedee View Post
I'm trying to get to the bottom of something - most of the time if I have a bath it really weakens me. Yesterday I was feeling quiet strong and energised until I had a shower, then for the rest of the day I felt weak and shaky. I love swimming but can barely dress myself afterwards as it affects me so badly. I have just bought chlorine filters for my bath and shower and am hoping that chlorine is the culprit, otherwise I'm stumped.

Does anyone else suffere from this?

Trixiedee
Trixie,

I do sometimes feel weak after a bath but usually when I'm approaching my next med dosage, or right after I have taken a med dosage. If I don't wait a few before the medicine takes over, I can end up weak and shaky after. However, it does not last all day.

Swimming for exercise is out of the question for me only because I have difficulty getting my breathing rhythm. I had to give that up early on and now I would say I most definitely avoid deep water.

I wouldn't say I am surprised leaves you weak; it is both a cardiovascular and muscular workout. Think of how much energy is required to move your entire body through water and then think of how hard it can be just to raise your arm above your head at times; it already feels like you are moving through quick sand- some days I feel lucky enough to be able to get out of bed let alone add resistance like water. I don't think i would last one lap.

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote