View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 10:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Mark says hello

TO ALL OF MARK'S FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES,
Mark just called me to let me know that he is home, his daughter fixed a wonderful dinner for him and Cleo and the neighbors came over with dessert. He sounds very tired and in pain. They had to take some bone from his back to slip the paddle up his spine. Needless to say he is hurting; but doing well.
In the recovery room he asked to get up to go to the bathroom and was able to walk like a champ. Then he asked if he could get up a little later and asked to walk again. The surgeon said that was a sign that he did really well; but most of all it showed them that he was determined to get going with his recovery. They were able to give him some more medication for the surgery pain so hopefully that will help. He sounded pretty weak and very tired. He was able to make phone calls to his family members and even was able to talk to his son. Which I am sure was such a blessing for both of them.

He is so very thankful for all of your prayers and could feel them this morning as he entered the operating room. He had no jitters and came through like a champ that he is.

He will not be able to try the stimulator for a couple of days. The surgery pain has to subside first. I know we are all anxious to share in his joy when he turns it on and will have no more pain.
I will be calling him tomorrow and will post again to let you know how our dear friend is doing. Keep your candles lit and your prayers coming his way.
The Lord is listening. I am certain that the Lord is telling Mark right now what a good job he did with an excellent attitude but more than that Mark was filled with faith in Him.
Take care everyone. Will be in touch sometime in the afternoon. Hope all of you have a good day tomorrow and don't forget to thank God for being there for Mark. And.......don't forget to thank God for helping all of us during this time of our own pain.
With Love
ASAP
Cheryl
calewark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (06-30-2010), Mark56 (07-03-2010), Rrae (07-13-2010)