View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 06:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default do I have a tarlov cyst

Hi, I'm new to this forum and after reading a few of your posts it seems there are many like me whose lives are being drastically effected by this cyst(s), but find little help or information about it, let alone adequate treatment.

I have had lower back pain and left leg pain for more than 4 months now. I have a swelling on my sacral area , under which all the pain seems to eminate fom. Many health professional who have examined my back, look at it and say, mmm, well, but no one seems to explain what the swelling is. All my other symptoms seem very similar to those of a herniated disk, cant sit long, stand long, be on my feet for too long, and only find laying on my right side comfortable. Have been constipated throughout, and taking loads of laxatives, more recently I have developed bladder problems, hesitancy and sometimes retention for which I was hospitalized and catheterized. They thought it might be the drugs I was taking, I stopped those, had the catheter removed some days later and still have the same problems. An emergency MRI revealed no disc problems, no cauda equine, but a cyst on S2. The doctor who told me said it could be causing all the problems, but that's the last anyone has said anything about it. Reading the symptoms of a Tarlov cyst, is a like a roll call of all the symptoms I have, but where do I go from here, when I mention a Tarlov disc to my doctor, a blank look comes across her face. I am on Morphine patches, amitriptyline, and have been off work all this time and so facing financial difficulties and there seems to be no end in sight. Its all so frustrating. I am in the UK.
lindabriers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (06-30-2010)