View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 02:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question Neuralgia or Something Else?

Help! The last couple of months of my life have been miserable. I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I had two root canals done on teeth #13 and 15. I had some really bad side affects shortly thereafter so I new something was wrong. I had #13 retreated then finally extracted. There was a large infection underneath the tooth. I thought my problems were then over. Boy was I wrong! #13 started healing normally for a few days. Then I developed "phantom tooth pain". I also developed a burning feeling. (The doctor confirmed that this was not dry socket either). Finally it got so bad, I actually had the doctor reopen the extraction site cause I could have sworn he left something in there. (this is about 2 and a half weeks ago). He didn't find anything of course. Well, then it gets worse. Then I started experiencing symptoms of neuralgia- the stabbing like pain, the electric shock feeling and just general pain. I also feel like the swelling in this area is not really going down. Here's my question. 1) is it possible that this neuralgia feeling is just a symptom of the healing process and that possibly it may go away in a few more weeks? I've also been feeling generally weak and not full of energy. Is it possible that I may have a bone infection or can another infected tooth actually cause these severe symptoms. (On a side note, I do not seem to be having pain coming directly from another tooth). Any ideas would be greatly apprectiated!
Illana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote