View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 03:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default peripheral neuropathy (diabetes related)

Hey im really just 16 so i dont know much about it but my mother has been sufferring from peripheral nueropathy for quite some time and its getting worse. Its even started to effect her hands. She had an issue with blood pressure and is also diabetic and overweight,Though her sugar levels are not severly high she is also a hep B career which i think means that she is not affected but can transfer the disease. ANyhow shes gone to various doctors and its of no use. they prescribed her lyrica and a few such drugs but none are affecting. Can someone please tell me is it related to the spine ? because one of the doctors said itl be better to get something injected in her spine. is this safe?and if anyone of you has the same condition please tell me if theres anyway to reduce the pain and make it better somehow. Im very very worried about my mother and am willing to try anything. I love in Pakistan for now but please name a really really good doctor if you know one for either Pakistan or UK.
She suffers from that tingling burning sensations all the time and sometimes gets suicidal along with that my sister is autistic so you can imagine how hard life can get. Id be grateful if theres any cure or any kind of advice you can give.
thanks in advance.
love you all.
(im not really sure if threads are for questions like these but i really have no option).
Mary94 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote