Old 06-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I don't use them on my feet typically.

I use them when one nerve is acting up. And for those with
targeted nerves, they may help. But the all over burning is all over, and hard to find the right spot to apply. I've tried them on the tops of my feet a few times, when I was desperate, but they didn't work well for burning.

But when the left ankle starts up, I get a sharp pain along the inner bone, I sometimes put a Lidoderm there.

For pain emanating from the spine, you can intercept the nerves on the lower back. I've used mine for my knees (behind the knee), for a tendon groin injury, and the MP in my right thigh.

When people come on here and state their EMGs have targeted a specific nerve, that is when Lidoderm patches may have a target to work on. They are very expensive, so you want to place them in the best position to get results.

I have a thread that shows the nerve distributions in the body, which may help illustrate this problem.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...light=Lidoderm

Some people try putting them on the bottoms of the feet, but I don't think that is a very useful location. The feet are tough to deal with patch-wise.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JoanB (06-30-2010)