View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I spent almost 4 years in PT 2 times a week. I started out for back problems, then went to TOS and then RSD and Fibro.

I had 3 PTers I loved and one I hated and one my vote is still out on. He got depressed taking care of me and I was told later his wife has MS and I reminded him to much of her. He was a perfectionist so he couldn't deal with the health issues.

I had a husband and wife team who had studied in Holland and they believed in massage therapy more then the strenious exercises. So I mostly got massages, stretching of the arms and fingers, myofasial releases, and heat.

I got worse at first but I kept going and the more I went the better I got so i don't think a person should give up on it. After they work on you it's going to make a person more sore for awhile because we are so tender all over.

The one PTer wanted me to lift weights, therabands and riding a bike and I couldn't do any of them. I quit going to him real quick.

If I had not stayed in therapy I would not be walking today and that was my goal to keep from ending up in a wheelchair.

Don't give up on it but make sure they know something about RSD. Some can't even tell you what it is. There are some PTers out there that actually know more then a Dr. does about RSD and other syndromes that we have.

I exercise here at home and try to walk in the summer months.

You are in the first stages of the RSD and dealing with it and I can sympathise with you because I know what your pain is like. Don't give up.

The reason most Drs. drop us is because they don't know how to deal with it even though they can diagnose it. Some Drs. won't even tell you you have it to keep from confronting it. Don't let that bother you. You need a good PM Dr. and also maybe find an Anesteologist that does blocks.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote