View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 11:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New too--find this depressing

Hi all. I'm 53 and have been in very good health all my life--except for last 2 yrs....now I feel like I'm falling apart...first menopause hit, and passed, and then depression. Got on Cymbalta and Xanax. Started having sharp neck pains last fall and thought they were the "brain zaps" associated with Xanax. Then my right hand starting going numb. Went to primary care Doc who sent me for xrays and referred me to a neuro, who sent me for MRI and then referred me to surgeon...Need 3 fusions and he's saying a metal plate put in---???---Reading all your comments, now I'm really scared! Would taking calcium or glucosamin help? Excercising? Physical Therapy? I hear I will have to stay "still" for at least 6-8 wks to let spine fuse...Doesn't anyone have a good outcome/ success story??? It makes sense to me that most people that come on to post are because they have bad outcomes and need to vent---so those of us that maybe have good results need to make sure to come back on and post too.... Am I kidding myself? I consider myself a "young" grandma and have a very active 3 yr old grandson! HELP!
TucsonGrandma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mg neck prob (02-06-2013)