View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 11:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome Linda, Glad you found us. We try to help and we learn from others too. This is a great place to find caring people.

I had a cyst on my spine and I had to have surgery to remove it. It was compressing my nerves and spinal cord from L5, to S1. I suffered with the pain you mentioned. I kept putting off the surgery. I had a few epidural blocks for the pain. Didn't get the right area. I used Lidoderm pain patches and took Tramadol.

I tried gentle PT, and Neuro surgeon let me try to get rid of the pain, or stand it, for 6 months, trying everything.

In the end of that time, I was glad to have the surgery. I woke up in recovery room pain free. You must have compression in that area. S1 does affect the bladder and bowel.

Maybe you could find out about a Caudal Epidural Block, since your cyst in rather low. They enter through the natural opening in the tail bone area and give the block (cocktail of pain meds) to the area you feel pain.

I hope you find a cure for your problem. I don't no the name of the cyst I had, it was in 1995. It showed up on a myelogram with dye and then a CT. I have been fine in that area ever since the surgery. They can do that surgery with a Laproscope now, much easier and quicker. Good luck and nice to meet you.

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

"Life is what it is". We can only focus on controlling those things we can control, we must let go of the things we can't.
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote