Thread: Venting!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 12:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Lisa.

My w/c just dropped me and all of my coverage. I was hurt in Delaware (though I live in Maryland). I have been denied all of my meds and treatments recently. I have a good attorney and I submit everything to them for reimbursement. ($.50 a mile for travel to my doctors and treatments, total reimbursement for out-of-pocket meds and any and all thearapies which help me (a cane, crutches, heating pads, epsom salts, vitamins, etc.)

They denied me because their doctor feels that I can go back to work. Four hours a day, sitting only. No use of my arms or legs, no walking, etc. etc. Plus I must disclose to them that I am on narcotics, medicinal marijuanna and that I get epidurals that render me unable to walk for a day or two afterword. Oh, and I will fail the drug test!

I am on my fourth or fifth pain doctor. My last one treated me like a junkie. And I believed everything bad he said to me. My new one is a "breath of fresh air". He LISTENS and truly wants me to be better. He is willing to take my thoughts and questions to heart and research them. He is not afraid to go against the grain and trust his own instincts instead of relying on text-book stratagies.

I am very thankful for him. Please seek out someone in which you can trust and speak honestly to. I am from a rural area also. There are really good PM's out there! (see the post from Jim King...).

Keep us posted! Good luck!

Kim

Kakimbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RUReady (07-01-2010)