Thread: denial of rsd
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 05:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Chat You spoke some of my thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalenaFaolan View Post
I thought at the start that I couldn't possibly have it. Denial, I was the Queen for awhile. I think all of us went through it at some point. Who wants to believe that they have something so painful that there's no cure for?? Not me!! But I got it so, I live with it.

The reason I denied it to myself was because I didn't feel any kind of burning. I had cold leg/foot, color changes, massive swelling and pain but that's it. As if that's not enough! Cruising the net and reading though the one thing that's always mentioned is the burning. Soooo, figuring if I didn't burn, then this wasn't me. Oh boy, took I think 4 to 5 months then one day.....I felt the burn. OMG!!! So wish it would go away and I never feel it again.
Thanks, Karen. You summed up some of my thoughts! It is hard to believe on some days, "yes, I have this. I really have some chronic pain syndrome that practically no one has heard of. Naw... not me. It can't be so!".

For a while I too did not have burning pain. But that has changed as well. Now I have the burning pain, stabbing pain, crushing pain...

Hugs to you all... hoping you have a pain-free or less-pain evening!
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote