Thread: denial of rsd
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 06:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InHisHands View Post
Thanks, Karen. You summed up some of my thoughts! It is hard to believe on some days, "yes, I have this. I really have some chronic pain syndrome that practically no one has heard of. Naw... not me. It can't be so!".

For a while I too did not have burning pain. But that has changed as well. Now I have the burning pain, stabbing pain, crushing pain...

Hugs to you all... hoping you have a pain-free or less-pain evening!
No day seems to ever be very easy but we make it fine don't we? Got to really.

I take every opportunity to educate others on RSD. Some days I feel like it'll never be well known. I get down a bit because I think I'm only one person in a small part of the world. What good am I doing?? Most of the time though I actually feel better for telling others about it and think, even though I'm only one there are many others and I AM making a difference no matter how small. I've told one or two people and they have gone to someone in their family or a friend and find out that their friend or family has heard of it and knows about it and tell them even more and then it goes to a friend who's never heard about it, etc. It really doesn't end. One little ripple on the water from a stone keeps going outward from there. Each of us are a stone making a ripple.

I find it helps me stay focused and not feel so bad some days. for us all and our strong will that keeps us fighting everyday no matter what. We all have something or better yet, someone to live for, if only ourselves. We are strong individually and a wall of steel together!

Hugs,
Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote