View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 10:05 PM
visitor

15 yr Member
visitor

15 yr Member

Yes, I am definitely going to get another opinion, someone who will look at the whole picture. I don't want to hold on to teeth that are unnecessary and doomed but the prospect of a partial is upsetting and I can't get implants. Losing an anchor tooth in the back for a partial is upsetting but 31 is probably doomed.

As far as the root canals, I'm not so sure at this point it's helpful for me to hear this stuff as I have many and don't want to pull them and be toothless. My Mom has many and she is 100 years old and very healthy. Some were done 60 years ago, same with many of my friends. I have one that's 46 years old and no problem (I was a kid and broke my tooth on a cherry pit). I am not opposed to getting a root canal, especially if it's in a visible tooth. If I were to extract all of my root canaled teeth, I'd look like a jack-o-lantern! The alternative to a root canal on one tooth is an extraction and interfering with two adjacent teeth and sometimes they have to go further for a fixed bridge. Some people can't tolerate an implant, like myself.

Are there no circumstances where you think a root canal is ok and justified? Even with a good endodontist or do you believe there is no such thing as good endodontics? I do hear your message but I am open to both sides.
sandy60 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote