View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 12:31 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I don't have Parkinson's Disease Jak, therefore I'll not comment on anything related to PD, but I do have another chronic neurological disease, and I do want to comment on what chasmo said about Dr Silburn in Brisbane.

In my opinion, Dr Silburn would have to be the best neurologist I personally have ever met, and I've consulted (and worked with) quite a few since my own diagnosis, 33 years ago. I saw Dr Silburn as a patient, and I worked with him during my career as a Registered Nurse, and I can't fault him.

I've seen maybe a dozen neuros since my diagnosis way back in 1977, and you really couldn't go past Dr Silburn. He knows his stuff, and he's one of the nicest doctors I've ever met, and we all know how hard it is to get both those qualities in the same person.

We no longer live in QLD, but I've seen neuros in NSW, Tas and Vic, and for me ..... it's well worth the airfare for me to fly to Brisbane to see him, and let's face it....airfares between states are so cheap now that most of the time it's cheaper to fly between states than it is to catch a taxi into the city.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote