View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 12:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakimbo View Post
ks.

I don't know of the rulings. I live in MD and was hurt on the job in DE I was just turned down because I can work as a secretary. I have not been a secretary since I was in high-school in '83. Do they even call it that anymore? The job I was working at when I got hurt was 80-100 hours on my feet. Maybe two hours of office work total. How does that compute?

Now I need to find a good SSDI attorney. I am hoping they don't make me pay up-front.
I do have to say that up to now w/c has been very good to me. (Bi-weekly benefits, meds, doctor and mileage reimbursement). Guess I should stop complaining!

Hope it works out for you. Quickly!

kim

Hi Kim,

For a reputable SSDI lawyer, you will not have to pay up front....they take their fee from your backpay.

You will have to educate yourself on SSDI's expectation of what you can do for work. They are not at all concerned that your last job involved 80-100 hours a week on your feet. Their concern is if there is ANY work that you can do.....even as a telemarketer for minimum wage

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (07-04-2010)