View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 08:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Good morning everyone. What a nice surprise to hear from you all.

Addy you are never alone at SOS here with all these nice people. It is so nice to know that they are here for anyone in need. Something in me goes on auto-pilot whenever I get down, and I always start thinking about my old friends here. "this too shall pass" is definitely one of my favorites that i haven't used in a long time - today seems like a better day already, although still not back to whatever normal may be.

Burntmarshmallow - nice to meet you. i love your name because i love smores. unfortunately for me, it has been very tough to remain spiritual because of all this unfairness and unbalance in life that to me, has treated me so poorly and it is hard to understand and accept. i like thinking of it now as a "monkey on my back" that i need to drop off sometime whenever i can throw it off! I am sorry to hear about your friend, another instance of life sucking for some more than others.... it has been 11 years since my mother died of cancer - and I can promise you it has barely gotten easier for me. Grief is very rough to deal with, I know I am not alone on that one here.

thelonely - i wish i was as brave as you to tell everyone how i feel right away. That would make my life so much easier, apparently. But just like you said, depression affects us no matter what our life is like (thats because its both genetic and environmental) so for me, i notice when the environement/life gets tough, my threshold for managing it all goes down and the genetic stuff comes up. atleast thats how i like to look at it. thanks for your kind words, i hope to get to know you even better.

Hi Dottie - I did not remember you until I read your name at the end. Hi. It's been way too long. But unfortunately my life has gotten so busy to the point of busy-ness that i really don't like. But fortunately, it should all be over very soon in less than 2 months I will have more free time. I always miss this place, its so nice to see your still hanging around (and so many others too).

And last but not least (*ahem) Alffie/Alpo. So good to see you. I am sorry if I offended you (or anyone) for my latest and longest disappearance. I know that isnt nice to leave your friends for so long. So hopefully I can make it up to. Love life is going strong, thankfully the only best friend that hasn't left or been mean enough to make me resentful! My dad is a tough one for me because it has left a big sore spot in my heart lately and I am not sure how to deal with that one, especially the controlling crazy girlfriend! My brother is doing good, we've grown closer over the years, although not so much at this very moment because he doesn't want to get involved in all the father-drama. I would love to move closer to him, hopefully next year when my life takes me on another path, fingers crossed. And of course, I always think of Lara- we had so much in common. I hope she is doing okay, and I will keep hoping she pops in sometime soon. Its so nice to see so many of you again as well as meeting so many of you too. Thanks for all your kind words! (This time, I will try my damndest to stick around! )
wishnomore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (07-02-2010), barbo (07-02-2010), Burntmarshmallow (07-02-2010), DejaVu (07-06-2010), FeelinGoofy (07-02-2010), tamiloo (07-02-2010), thelonely1 (07-02-2010), Wren (07-02-2010)