View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 01:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Bozo, thank you for your thoughtful reply, and you too jomar.
I have felt really bad, about developing this habit, like it is a dirty habit as I know my husband frowns upon it. The food I have been eating isn't that unhealthy for the most part. However, I am going to sleep right after as I do this in bed and just before I am ready to close my eyes. So, my teeth are not getting brushed as a second but even bigger problem.

So, after reading your response and doing more research I explained to my husband that night time snacks are not all that bad, and in fact are quit normal if they are light and one brushes their teeth after.

However, given I seem to want to eat in bed, having had fallen asleep with food in my mouth! A few times, and not brushing my teeth because I am half asleep already, I told him I don want to tsp, but need loving support to do so. I asked him to talk with me about it at night time and to encourage me like a coach. He is not one to do this so I told him it was good learning for both of us. Last night I did not eat a late night snack! And did not eat my dinner in bed... The eating dinner laying down is something I have made into a habit because I have had to do this from time to time with my MS.

New rules, eat dinner in the family room unless MS flare, no food in bed at night and no midnight snack. Let's see how this goes.

I am 142lbs, s/b 128 at 5'6, very small frame. So I need to really lose more than ten pounds, but ten would sure make me happy. My activity level is minimal. Pilates once, maybe twice a week and walking if energy levels allow. I just started a new med that is supposed to help with energy and that will get me walking much more. Eight years ago, before MS hit, i was a runner, slim, healthy etc... I am trying so hard to be healthy again. Does this answer you questions? I do have a nutritional diary counter on my iPad that I just started using last week. My daily rid is 1350, so far I am over by about 200 each day...
Thank you so much for your comments about the night eating, and diet questions, sometimes all it takes is knowing it's not all that bad. I just now have to beat it!
Cheers!
Sandra

/b
sw8689 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-02-2010)