Thread: Venting!
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 01:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmichael View Post
Dear Kim -

As one who recently got SSD approved on the first pass (with Medicare, thank you) I can say, having spoken to a number of people in positions of authority, and indeed it's clear as a bell in the Social Security Ruling on October 20, 2003 that's generated some discussion of late http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/pres...ims-157760.php, that the key variable in filing is going in with doctors who will support you with strong reports and close observations in their files.

If there is anything I have learned in 9 years with this, it's that no good ever comes of having a doctor who is not fully supportive of you. Hanging in there only leads to more problems in the end. Otherwise, life is just too short.
Find someone you like, and cultivate the relationship: baked goods at the Holidays never hurt.

Mike

Thanks Mike! I was just denied SSDI (knew it would happen). I did recently find a great PM who is my "Mad Scientist"! He doesn't stick to recommended therapies.

I just started getting epidurals with Lidocaine and he gave me Ketamine in the last injection. Today he gave me Ketamine to take orally every night. I have the syringes here at home for about a month's worth. I simply spray the medicine on the roof of my mouth and hold it for a minute before swallowing.

I am also very impressed that he trusts me enough to have extra meds on hand. My other doctors look at my like I'm a junkie when I asked them for more/different meds. The Ketamine he gave me is not available at any pharmacy so he orders it from his supplier and measures it out for me.

I'm glad you got approved for SSD on the first try. I'm sure it takes alot of your worries away, which will lower your stress and help with the pain.

Have a great holiday weekend!

Kim

p.s. Nice pic!

Last edited by Kakimbo; 07-02-2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Kakimbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote