View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Brian:

I have degenerative joint disease, so every October through March, I am, well let's put it this way, not my usual perky self.

When I get a sciatica attack, (and I don't get them a lot), I don't get any pins and needles. I just get pain and I can't straighten up. The only solution is TO STRAIGHTEN UP AND MOVE. I learned this from going to physical therapy. I and I have tried magnets. They didn't do anything.

My very first sciatica attack, well I'll never forget it. It's like my body weighed over 500 lbs and I had to hold on to the furniture to walk over to the bathroom. This was about 13 years ago. I had no idea what the hell happened. I went to the doctor, he gave me a shot and said "do warm compresses" and to do some stretching and he sent me for physical therapy. Now that was SOME FUN. But I got through it. I exercise a bit every day and when it's nice I take my IPOD and go power walking. Best thing I ever got was an IPOD. I put my latin tunes on it and go nuts.

My neighbors once heard me singing from down the block and said "Oh Melody is going for her walk". I would come around the block and we'd all laugh. I have a nice bunch of neighbors where I live. I'm lucky that way.

There is an 83 year old woman named Angie who lives around the corner. She has 5 stents but refuses to take ANY MEDICATION. Says she doesn't believe in them. She probably looked like Elizabeth Taylor when she was younger but she is still some looker. Puts on makeup every day, wears mini skirts and stockings and sandals in the summer. Her daughters are 57 and want to put her away and she laughs her head off. They are all prim and proper and she's the life of the party. When I came around with my ipod and I put the ear plugs in her ears, (she had never heard any ipod stuff before), she started to do the salsa in the middle of her sidewalk. I never laughed so hard in my life. This lady WILL NEVER GET OLD!!!

And hopefully, neither will I.

be well
Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote