Thread: MicroVas
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 04:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Melody
I would guess placing them on his lower spine , he may get benefit out of the TENS machine when he's lying on his back or the other position when it starts, although i am not to sure about the lasting affects of stimulators, once you turn them off.

Hi everyone,
I have been getting the MicroVas treatments twice a week for the past two weeks now. I have arthritis in my feet and have had several surgeries including ankle fusions in both feet, sub-talor fusions in both feet and many more....in both feet...lol. I was born with clubbed feet due to a rare condition called Mobius Syndrome (neurological disorder, only 2,000 cases in the world.) Anyway, I noticed a marked improvemnet in my arthritis pain THE FIRST DAY. I've also used a TENS unit in the past which worked but not as much as the MicroVas. The best part is that Medicare does pay for it. The only thing it doesn't cover are the pads, 6 total, which ran $47. They are reused throughout the treatment which last 8 weeks.

I highly, highly, highly recommend trying this. It is totally worth it. I alsohave spinal stenosis in my L3&4 and would love if my Pain Management doc would get this unit. For now, I just use the TENS that I have on my back when the pain gets really bad.

The treatments are just like the feeling you experience with a TENS except that the "shock" alternates, on-off, on-off. They last 45 minutes. It's pretty painless.

Anyway, like I said, I recommend this treatment if your doctor offers it to you.

I hope this helps.

Renee B.
reneesblues1167 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote