View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 12:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriana View Post
Does anyone else on these boards avoid listening to music? Do you avoid it all the time or just occasionally? Are there types of music you are able to listen to more than others? What instruments (including voice) do you like or avoid?

I ask this because I have gradually stopped listening to any and all music. I had musical training, sang and played in groups, and used to love being awash in a musical environment.

I am wondering if anyone else here with epilepsy has a similar aversion.

*Very* seldom I have gotten a craving for music (really, it is like a craving!) which has included Renaissance choral music, techno, and harmonic overtones singing. Once the craving subsides, then I must have my silence back.
I am from a very musical background and have always loved all kinds of music. My family history is part of the Smithsonian Instute, I will listen to music when someone else is playing it butt when I am alone I want no part of it! This is very unusual for me as it's alwyas been a part of my life. I don't understand why I can't listen to it when I'm alone? If I drive 5 or 9 hours in my truck I play conthing and want nothing but silence. Wonder why this is?
SusieQz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote